Monday, September 21, 2009

Portland: Here I come! Or should I say "Here I am!!!"

So I've been needing to type up a new blog for a while now, but I haven't really had a subject to talk about, and when I would I'd forget about it the next day where it would disappear into nothing. Now I actually have something to talk about!

By reading the title I bet you can figure out that I'm back in Portland, OR again, and I'm really excited about it. I actually came back for a short visit/orientation meeting (Which I forgot to blog about) and while that was nice and I ran into a small number of friends that I haven't seen for around 3 years, it just wasn't enough. I really needed to move back.

Well after 4 long months of waiting (Thanks Arizona for your earlier summers, and Oregon for your later falls) I've finally moved into my dorm at the university I'm going to and have settled back into living in this wonderful green state. I really mean it, it's just so GREEN! I've gone through 3 years of just looking at brown sand in Arizona so when we started to descent down out of the clouds and all you could see was trees, I really was shocked. I thought "Oh wow. The ground isn't brown anymore, its an actual beautiful color." Once I got my bag, I contacted my best friend who I asked to pick me up and help me out with moving into the dorm and buying things. We couldn't even find each other for about 15-20 minutes, at one time I thought she was on the second level of the airport while she didn't even know which level she was one. I went upstairs because that's what her hints made it seem like she was up there but then we find out she was actually on the lower level where I was in the first place so then I had to walk down there again.

That little fiasco was complete foreshadowing for what happened to us later. We got lost in the city Twice. Once trying to get to the university, and the second time trying to leave. It wasn't pretty at all. But after running around like a chicken with it's head cut off both times I realized that my new cell phone has GPS navigation, so we finally used that both times and got to the places we were trying to get to. (Thank you Sprint for helping us!)

Anyways I'm having fun just exploring the city. After around 13 years of living in the Portland area I never really saw it the way I have now. I mean I've been to a lot of the highlights and some of the lesser known stuff, but just walking everywhere I can and traveling to farther places I have found more things then I knew existed. This really is an exploration period before classes start in a week.

I'm definitely going to post more stuff now that I actually have material to post and I've already come up with new ideas for videos to shoot so look for those here as well. Tomorrow a student group on campus is holding an "Amazing Race" Portland style and guess who's going to join? ME! I mean come on, I want to be on the real Amazing Race show so any practice I can get is great!

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

PS: They have a bowling alley on campus!

No comments:

Post a Comment