In an early blog I mentioned that I had about 4 different Twitter applications on my iPod, yet not everyone know what Twitter is or doesn't use it. Well I'm here it inform you of one of the sites I've fallen in love with and that I think you should check out!
If you don't know what Twitter is, it's a micro-blogging site where you can post short, 140 characters in total messages called "tweets" that people/friends who "follow" your Twitter can receive and respond to. You have the option of following others twitters as well so that you can receive updates when they tweet about something. It's an easy way to keep in contact with friends and find out what they are doing as well. You can even send and receive tweets from a cell phone or a PMP, like the iPod touch which makes telling people what you are doing that much easier. Twitter has been growing in popularity because of the many celebrities and news sourses that have join the site. It has started to become a place where individuals can receive news and updates about certain events that other media haven't reported about yet.
Now if you follow a lot of people, hearing about what they are eating at the time or that they might be doing laundry might get a little annoying after a while. Because of that you have the options of choosing if you want to receive updates via your phone or just go to the website to see any updates, and you can even block people you don't want to receive updates from or random followers you don't even know.
I guess the reason why I love Twitter so much is because it's interesting what people tweet about. I follow a bunch of people who make youtube videos, work on websites and the internet and friends. The tweets I get are very entertaining and it's just a nice way to see updates in peoples lives. It's very easy to use and it can be actually really fun. That's why it's one of the websites I love. If you join you can follow me @ http://twitter.com/WonderPanda.
No comments:
Post a Comment