Thursday, February 12, 2009

Things I Covet: Pie

Time to talk about one of my favorite things in the world... Pie!

I love pie yet that wasn't always the case. I remember a time where I used to love cake more than pie. I also though about the cake I usually had was chocolate or some sort of ice cream cake and pie had fruit in it. The fruit made the idea of pie too healthy in my young mind at the time so I never really tried pie. That all changed after I had my first bite of Chocolate Cream Pie. After that moment I found that pie was a nice dessert that was just as nice as cake.

I love Key Lime pie, it's so good. The sweetness counteracting with the tangyness. Chocolate Cream is good too, because it is chocolate. Hot Apple pie with Vanilla ice cream is amazing. The heat from the pie vs. the cold of the ice cream and having it melt all over the pie itself... Heavenly. I also can't forget about dinner pies like Chicken Pot pies, to me they are some of the best meals you can have, if they are done correctly.

That's my pie blog. I didn't really want to go on about saying why I liked this kind of pie, cuz it's a boring read. I just wanted to get the point out that pie is an amazing food/dessert and that it is one of my weird obsessions at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment