Thursday, December 25, 2008

Things I Covet: Christmas

This new section is one that I'm really excited about. Technically this section is "things I like." I hope with this section to just show you things that I like, want or think is really cool and should be known and maybe even help you readers learn about new things. It's most likely going to have weekly updates with bonus updates when I just have to tell you about something.

Let's move on to the first Covet post: Christmas
For me the holiday season starts on Thanksgiving and ends on New Years Day and I just love all of the 36 days, anyway I think it's a 36 day span. While at the time students like myself are going through final projects and tests, I just can't stop thinking about what I'm going to be making for Thanksgiving or what I need to get for people during the frenzy that is known as Christmas shopping. Out of the three holidays that happen during the season my favorite has to be Christmas and not because I get presents and money, although those are a nice perk. I love Christmas because it just seems to be a time for joy and cheer. I don't know why but when when I know Christmas is coming or is really close by I just feel happy and that's all I usually feel around this time. Christmas music starts playing, lights and decorations are hung on trees and houses, Santa shows up in malls all across the world and so on. Just seeing and hearing the spirit of Christmas spread around the world is just amazing to me.
Now I know people always say that Christmas has become and is becoming more commercial every single year but how I see it is that people view Christmas as commercial because that's all they see or think about when it comes to the holiday itself. I see Christmas as time where you can enjoy being together with family and just share good food and good times and stories with each other. Other people may view Christmas as something different like an anniversary, birthday, or religious day. Christmas can be however you view it, it's yourself that can make it commercial.
I can't say that I'm immune to the gift-giving and shopping though cause that would be lying. I love shopping for Christmas presents, it's actually one of the things I love most about the holiday. It's a chance to make others happy by giving them a gift that you thought long about and truly put your heart into. Almost everybody runs into problems when picking out presents for others, including me but I think that's what makes it even more meaningful. The best presents are the ones you really think about. I never rush into buying presents, I always think about who I'm buying for whether that be my family or a friend and I try to think of presents that I know they would love to have, actually need, or remind them of fond memories. I really feel that gift-giving gets a bad rap from all the news stories and people complain in the malls/stores, but can actually be a fun experience if you let it be.
Also wrapping presents is a seasonal hobby of mine. I just find it fun, I don't know why. I guess it's just the artist in me since I always try to make my presents look amazing and as perfect as possible.
All in all Christmas is my favorite holiday, and when you combine that with Thanksgiving and New Years the season just seems even better. That's why the holiday season is one thing that I covet. With that I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!!!

Here are some pictures I took:
Look at that Christmas tree.
I wish this tree could fit in my house.
Our Christmas Tree
Instead we have this little cute tree.
It's the Charlie Brown Christmas tree
and the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree too!
I want this wreath so bad!
This thing is so freaking huge in person! I want it.
Look! Santa is Real!!!!!!!
Look's like Santa is real kids!
And here is a video filled with Christmas Cheer for all of you! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment